Call closed - WONCA Europe 5 Star Doctor Award 2015
The deadline for submitting nominations for the "WONCA Europe Award for Excellence in Health Care: The 5 star Doctor 2015 has been extended. The new deadline to submit your application is March 15, 2015.
Nominations should be submitted before March 15th, 2015 to: WONCA Europe Secretariat, Barbara Toplek: SecretariatEurope@wonca.net
WONCA Europe Call for 5 Star Doctor Award 2015
WONCA Europe announces call for nominations for the "WONCA Europe Award for Excellence in Health Care: The 5 star Doctor". The winner of this award will receive a certificate, and will be a European candidate for the WONCA World Award of 2016 in Rio de Janeiro.
The 2015 WONCA Europe 5 star Doctor Award will be presented at the WONCA Europe Conference in Istanbul, 22 – 25 October 2015.
The criteria for the WONCA Europe Award are as follows:
- a nominee must meet the principle of the 5-Star Doctor
- a nominee should be a serving physician in mid-career who in addition to providing regular service:
- provides innovative services for a community or special patient group
- developed services where they were previously not available
- supported colleagues in another region, country or college
- performed academic work (teaching, research, quality assurance) of exceptional quality and relevance
- a nominee need not be a family doctor
- a nominee can work outside his or her region, or create something that can be used outside his or her region or serve as a rule model to other regions
- the "Towards Unity for Health" criteria will be kept in mind: the attributes of the 5-Star Doctor are:
- care provider who considers the patient as an integral part of a family and the community and provides high standard clinical care (excluding or diagnosing serious illness and injury, manages chronic disease and disability) and personalises preventive care within a long term, trusting relationship
- decision maker, who chooses which technologies to apply ethically and cost-effectively while enhancing the care that he or she provides;
- communicator, who is able to promote healthy life-styles by emphatic explanation, thereby empowering individuals and groups to enhance and protect their health;
- community leader, who has won the trust of the people among whom he or she works, who can reconcile individual and community health requirements and initiate action on behalf of the community;
- team member, who can work harmoniously with individuals and organisations, within and outside the health care system, to meet his or her patients and community's needs.
The WONCA Europe 5 Star Doctor Award Committee for 2015 consists of:
- Job FM Metsemakers, The Netherlands (Chair)
- Carl Steylaerts, Belgium
- Tonka Poplas Susic, Slovenia
- Ilse Hellemann, Austria
- Jose Miguel Bueno Ortiz, Spain
The 5 star Doctor will be notified by May 1st, 2015.
Prof Job FM Metsemakers
President WONCA Europe
Prof Janko Kersnik
Hon. Secretary WONCA Europe