The Montegut Global Scholars Program (MGSP) was established by the American Board of Family Medicine Foundation in April 2010. The MGSP is named after Alain Montegut, M.D., a member of the Board of Directors of the American Board of Family Medicine from 2006-2010, whose career has been devoted to developing high quality family medicine practice internationally, especially in underserved and/or undeveloped countries.
The MGSP was established to foster international education, research and collaboration in the specialty of family medicine. It provides a US $3,300 scholarship for one family doctor selected from each of the seven WONCA regions to attend the WONCA regional or world conference.
The 2019 nominations are now closed.
Previous MGSP scholars
- 2016: Dr Eunice Carrapiço, Portugal
- 2015: Dr Patrick O'Donnell, Ireland
- 2014: Dr Eralda Turkeshi, Albania
- 2013: Dr Anca-Alexandra Matusz, Romania
- 2012: Dr Pavlo Kolesnyk, Ukraine
- 2011: Dr Maltezis Kyriakos, Greece